This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance. 5 hr(s)
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Assess for risk of substance use disorders in patients being considered for treatment with ER/LA opioids
- Become knowledgeable about the general and specific characteristics of ER/LA opioids including the effect of tolerance on prescribing for patients
- Safely and effectively initiate treatment using these medications when it is indicated, based on a complete history and physical examination and assessment of pain and functioning of patients
- Use effective communication techniques with these patients and their caregivers to support the safe use and help prevent adverse effects and diversion
- Monitor patients on chronic opioid therapy, make appropriate referrals and safely discontinue medication use when indicated
Modules in this Training Activity
Audience and Accreditation
Audience: Prescribers of ER/LA opioids and other health professionals who impact patients taking these medications
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™||5 hr(s)||4/1/17||3/31/20|
Accreditation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Designation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A letter of completion for up to 5 hour(s) is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#1R44DA027245-01), a contract from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#HHSN271200800012C).
Most Recent Reviews: SBIRT
CTI Content Review: Thurs, 1/5/2017
CTI Editorial Review: Mon, 1/9/2017