After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Expand your practice to comply with the regulations and requirements of office-based buprenorphine treatment so that you can prescribe buprenorphine to your patients when appropriate
- Relate buprenorphine’s pharmacological properties to its drug effects and understand the physiological effects of opioids and opioid treatments on patients
- Identify, assess, and diagnose opioid use disorder in your patients
- Use medical and substance use disorder history information to assess your patients in terms of suitability for treatment with buprenorphine
- Provide effective and successful treatment to your patients throughout the phases of buprenorphine treatment: induction, maintenance, and discontinuation, and deal with complications that arise
- Assess and adapt treatment guidelines to best treat your patients from specific patient populations, including those with psychiatric comorbidities, adolescents, the elderly, pregnant women, methadone transfers, and patients with pain
- Prescribe, refer, or implement appropriate psychosocial therapies for treating opioid use disorder for your patients
Modules in this Training Activity
Audience and Accreditation
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™||9hr(s)||4/16/18||4/15/2019|
Accreditation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Designation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A letter of completion for up to 9 hour(s) is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#R44-DA12066).