This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance. 2 hr(s)
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Assess patient pain comprehensively using a systematic approach
- Categorize the type of pain involved (i.e., acute vs. chronic, nociceptive vs. neurogenic) so as to create a working diagnosis for each patient
- Safely and effectively initiate a patient’s pain treatment using pharmacological and/or non-pharmacological methods, using first-line therapies if possible
- Use a patient-centered approach in evaluating patients with pain and in explaining treatment options
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers in a multidisciplinary approach to evaluating and treating patients with chronic pain
Modules in this Training Activity
- Assessing Pain
- Treatment of Pain
Audience and Accreditation
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™||2 hr(s)||4/1/17||3/31/20|
Accreditation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Designation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A letter of completion for up to 2 hour(s) is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#1R44DA027245-01).
Most Recent Reviews
CTI Content Review: Thurs, 1/5/2017
CTI Editorial Review: Mon, 1/9/2017