This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance. 3 hr(s)
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Monitor patients during ongoing pain treatment for substance use problems
- Coordinate care of a patient seeing multiple clinicians for chronic pain
- Utilize appropriate treatment structure and/or referral if a patient with pain develops substance use problems
- Manage the chronic pain of patients with a high risk of substance misuse
- Identify and take steps to prevent potential diversion and risk for overdose by patients and their contacts through clinical protocols and practice management
Modules in this Training Activity
- Expanded Skills: Coordinating Pain Treatment with Colleagues
- Expanded Skills: The High Risk Patient and Opioids
- Expanded Skills: Minimizing Opioid Diversion and Overdose Risk
Audience and Accreditation
Audience: Prescribers of ER/LA opioids and other health professionals who impact patients taking these medications
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™||3 hr(s)||4/1/17||3/31/20|
Accreditation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ Designation Statement: Clinical Tools, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A letter of completion for up to 3 hour(s) is available for non-physicians.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#1R44DA027245-01), a contract from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#HHSN271200800012C).