This activity is designed to change: Competence, Performance. 3 hr(s)
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Monitor patients during ongoing pain treatment for substance use problems
- Coordinate care of a patient seeing multiple clinicians for chronic pain
- Utilize appropriate treatment structure and/or referral if a patient with pain develops substance use problems
- Manage the chronic pain of patients with a high risk of substance misuse
- Identify and take steps to prevent potential diversion and risk for overdose by patients and their contacts through clinical protocols and practice management
Modules in this Training Activity
Audience and Accreditation
Audience: Prescribers of ER/LA opioids and other health professionals who impact patients taking these medications
A letter of completion for 3 hours is available.
A score of 70% on the post-test is required to complete the activity.
Initial development of this activity was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#1R44DA027245-01), a contract from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (#HHSN271200800012C).