The biology and pharmacology of opioids explains why they are effective in treating pain and why they are addicting. Buprenorphine’s pharmacology makes it effective at treating opioid addiction.
- Common symptoms of addiction
- The basic biological actions of opioids
- What buprenorphine is and how it blocks symptoms of opioid addiction
- Buprenorphine’s side effects, drug interactions, and precautions to take
- Special populations that may need to take extra care when using buprenorphine
- Other types of medication-assisted treatment and how the best one is determined for each patient