Maintenance And Discontinuation
What happens after you have started taking buprenorphine and the best dose is established for you? This phase of treatment is called “maintenance.” You will continue to take buprenorphine and see your provider regularly.
- The reason that most people continue buprenorphine treatment indefinitely
- What will happen at office visits throughout the maintenance phase of buprenorphine treatment
- How buprenorphine maintenance treatment is modified if you are being treated for pain or having substance use problems
- How to avoid and respond to buprenorphine or other opioid overdose
- What happens if you do stop taking buprenorphine