Prescribing for Pain with Care: 2 Patients
1 hr out of up to 8.5 CME/CE
Goal: Clinicians will follow evidence-based guidelines when prescribing pain medication for common acute and chronic conditions, selecting first-line treatments, if possible, and only prescribing opioids with caution according to current guidelines.
Already have an account? Log In
After completing this activity participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical skills in how to manage two common pain conditions: acute back pain and osteoarthritis.
- Apply first-line treatments first, and prescribe opioids appropriately only when needed in treating common pain conditions.
- Assess the safety of prescribing opioids with a new patient.
- Follow current guidelines for prescribing opioids when they are indicated.
- Provide targeted patient education when prescribing opioids for patients.